How to get your WA permit
In order to make things go smoothly for you to get your permit you will want to follow the steps below.
- Sign into dol.wa.gov
- Click on License Express – Join now
- Click on Pre-apply to get your first permit
- Fill out the registration form
- Once the registration form is filled out and submitted it will issue you a confirmation number (This number will start with the first 5 digits of your last name)
** If you already have a WA state ID, please log into your student account and update the PIC/Permit field. You may also email those to us at email@example.com**
- Update your confirmation number in your student account or you may email those to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
**We can not enter your confirmation number unless you are 15 years old.**
Once we have received your Confirmation number, we will update your records in the Department of Licensing website, send you an email confirming it has been completed and you will be able to get your permit. We will need this number BEFORE you go into the DOL to get your permit.