Driving Instructor – (Seattle & Eastside)
At SWERVE Driving School our mission is to “Change the Way People Drive.” We started with just a few cars, a handful of instructors, and an immense amount of passion. Now we are the industry leader with our program shown to be statistically superior to other driving schools. We intend to be at this for generations — long enough to see that mission through.
Now we are looking for more individuals that would like to join us on our mission and become driving instructors.
As a new driving instructor you will receive over 100 hours of training to become licensed by the State of Washington. In addition to rules of the road and traffic skills, our instructor-training program includes training on teen culture and on how the human brain absorbs information and builds habits. You will learn that teaching individuals to drive well is as much of an art as a science, and as much psychology as technique. We will make sure you are thoroughly trained and have all the necessary tools to keep your students collision-free for life.
What we offer:
- Part-time opportunity (10-20 hours a week opposite high school schedules)
- Paid training (6-8 weeks)
- Competitive wage
- 401(k) and Stock Options
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have afternoon and evening availability (weekends a plus)
- Have passion to help others
- Enjoy driving
- Have past experience working with youth
- Adapt well to a changing environment
- Be able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Have experience teaching in a classroom setting
- Be able to create an interactive and inspiring lesson plan
- Have proficient computer and technical skills
- Have public speaking experience
- Have an error-free cover letter and resume showing attention to detail
- Have a background in public safety
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Be content with part-time employment
- 2-3 years customer service, teaching, training or equivalent combination of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- You must have a valid Washington State driver’s license
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must have had a driver’s license for at least 5 years
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You will be required to provide your complete driving record before being hired that shows:
- Not more than one moving traffic violation within the preceding twelve months or more than two moving traffic violations in the preceding twenty-four months;
- No drug or alcohol-related traffic violation or incident within the preceding three years. If there are two or more drug or alcohol-related traffic violations in the applicant’s driving history, the applicant is no longer eligible to be a driving instructor; and
- No driver’s license suspensions, cancellation, revocation, or denial within the preceding two years, or no more than two of these occurrences in the preceding five years
- You will be required to do a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to GoSwerve Jobs.