California Teen Driving School
Getting your driver’s permit and driver’s license is one of the most freeing feelings in the world! The freedom of your teen having a license is second to none. Of course, before you get them there, they’ll have to go through the appropriate training and education.
Swerve provides the best CA Driving School programs for teens. We know just how much you value your teen’s safety, and we want to equip them with the knowledge and experience they need to avoid accidents and tickets.
Our instructors are qualified and experienced educators who can provide the best training when it comes to the dangers of distracted driving and the importance of following all traffic laws.
Interested in enrolling your teen in one of our driving school programs?
We offer California Online Drivers Ed.
The benefits of Swerve’s California teen driving school include:
- Flexible and convenient course schedules
- Interesting and engaging curriculum
- Extra-qualified instructors
- Lessons that build skill and confidence
- Practical exercises that offer knowledge for road testing
You can enroll your teen in one of our California teen drivers ed programs.
How the process works
- Teen is 15+ years old
- Enroll in a new driver training program
- Teen graduates new driver training (classes & drives)
- Teen passes CA state knowledge exam
- When teen is ready, schedule the CA state road exam (Swerve is a state-approved provider)
- Teen passes road test
- Teen has held permit for 6 months, has had 50 hours of practice driving and is 16, proceed to your nearest CA DMV office to get your teen’s license
- Teen will fall under California’s provisional licensing laws
Teen Driving School Info
You can view schedules and see more information about the teen driver training programs offered through our school through the menu bar. If you have any other questions about our new driver training courses, licensing process, or have any other concerns, we would be happy to talk with you. Just give us a call, we are always happy to help.
How to Get My CA Permit
After you have graduated from one of our CA-approved classes, follow these steps to get your permit:
- Complete the California Driver License or Identification Card Application
- Have both of your parents or guardians sign the application.
- Schedule an appointment at your local DMV office.
- Bring the certificate of completion we provide upon graduation to your DMV appointment.
- Pass the knowledge test with at least 38 questions correct out of 46.
How to Get a CA Driver’s License
- Complete a new driver training course, like the one offered at Swerve.
- Pass the CA state written exam.
- Pass the CA state road exam.
- Hold your permit for at least 6 months.
- Have 50 hours of practice driving (10 hours are required at night).
- Be at least 16 years old.
Teen Driving School FAQs
There is no restriction to what age you can start driver's education in California. However, since the minimum age to get a permit in CA is 15, we recommend you wait to enroll until you are at least 15 years old.
The State of California requires 25 hours.
You'll still be required to attend at least 25 hours of class, so any class time that your teen misses will need to be made up. If your teen is going to be absent, please talk to an instructor to work out the details of making up the class.
No problem! We also teach adult students. If you aren't a teen, take a look at our adult driving lessons. We're happy to help you!
Don’t forget to check out all of the teen driving school programs we offer by exploring the menu bar.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We can help you with all of your new driver training courses, licenses processes, or any other concerns. Give us a call; we’re happy to help!